Brixx Pizza - 20th post celebration!

\/\/Editor's Note below\/\/
4x4 and a Mr. Pibb is what I want for my final meal

Panera Bread had a child with California Pizza Kitchen, and his name is Brixx. He lives near both of his parents like a good child should, and serves personal but filling pizzas in a dimly lit, open-air kitchen.


Atmosphere:

I’ve only ever gone at night so I’ve only ever looked at it when the sun isn’t watching. Regardless, this place is dark. There is a glass storefront but no holes in the roof for sun. There are plenty of lights, but even the kitchen is dimly lit. The pizza fire is brighter than everything else. Speaking of the pizza fire, it adds a nice background motion. Those cooks are COOKIN', it is unmistakable. Other places conceal their cooking in a well-lit background area with swinging doors, but Brixx shows you there is FIRE there is RAW pizza and out comes your order, which the nice staff brings over to you. Places to seat your seat are brown for the most part. The booths are set into the walls, and there are some higher tables that aren’t near the bar that they also have. This creates a multilayered floor, making having to sit near other people less uncomfortable because the head, and therefore voice, projection levels are varied. They used to run trivia here. Created a wonderful environment where teams couldn’t steal answers easily even if they wanted to, because nobody knew much of anything. It is homely, and warm because of the open pizza fire oven stove.


Actual Food:

We’ll start with their non-pizza items, because everyone starts with the side dishes. There aren’t any. They serve huge bowls of dip and chips in case you were dragged to pizza by your righteous pizza-loving friends, but it is nothing special. Their drinks are bottomless, meaning 2 dollars buys endless soda. But the real treat is the varied pizzas and their names. For instance, the 4x4 or 4 by 4 is just four meats on four cheeses. Their Hawaiian is probably the best hawaiian I’ve had since California. Sliced ham is the way to go, and their pineapple complements it super well. Though each pizza is a personal pizza, they are large enough to perfectly fill. The thin crust is crunchy, the cheese layer is perfected so that even when cold, Brixx pizza won’t have a solid layer of cheese. When hot and fresh out the oven, there is a bit of grease which I dab off if I’m with friends and leave on if I’m on a date because it’s kind of awkward scrubbing your hot pizza with a square napkin and then needing to borrow theirs later in the meal. To be honest, I haven’t had much variety here, mainly just meaty pizzas. I came here a lot for trivia nights with my friends, in which you could win up to $50 in cash prizes. There was a very large man who was very good at trivia who came every Tuesday. I think there was some correlation there. Good memories were made, good pizza was had.


Rating:

19/20 pizza fires. Can’t really complain aside from the dim lighting and the grease and the fat & strong-minded people winning all the trivia money.


Andy Note: Thank you ALL for reading my blog! This has been my passion for a while now, and I appreciate your continued support. I really think we're to the point where I can do customized cups and shirts. This continues to be a real fun ride through Tastytown (Flavortown/Flavatown was taken by Guy Fieri), and I hope you stay interested by my adventures! I've also acquired new URLS at bit.ly/thefoodblog and bit.ly/afoodblog, so don't hesitate to share at my prime time web addresses with literally everyone you know, as well as anybody you don't know. Everyone deserves access to Tastytown! I can't thank you guys enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pelicana Korean Fried Chicken

Saw's Soul Kitchen and Saw's Juke Joint

Yamitsuki